Hello bibliophiles! It is time for another book tag!
A huge thanks to Yna from Yna the Mood Reader for tagging me! This is going to be a quick tag and I hope it would be as fun as Yna’s. I totally enjoyed reading her answers.
1 – 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚋𝚞𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚜?
Buying books has always been a huge relief for me. I feel satisfied and super happy when I get to purchase some books, especially those that on my wish list, which I will share in a while.
I am most happy when buying a new book, especially the smell of a brand new book! That is something that I really enjoy!
2 – 𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏𝚝𝚎𝚗 𝚍𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚞𝚢 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚜?
I don’t often buy that much books. It tends to depend on my financial capacity to buy new books, may it be brand new books or preloved books. So here are some instances that happened that see how often I buy books:
(1) When I was still working, I was being so out of myself that I bought a book or two or even more every month, not every payday though, that would be too much. My parents didn’t mind it because I was using my own money and it makes me happy.
(2) When I was still a student, I set aside my weekly allowance to buy one book per month. That alone satisfies me, so that’s that.
(3) Unemployed bitch, I have no capacity to buy books as often as I can. I try to help my parents sell some products and I get a commission from helping, so I save that up and buy a book. I also get books from my boyfriend as a gift, so that’s that and I don’t think that is considered buying new books.
3 – 𝙱𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚜 𝚘𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚒𝚗𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐: 𝚠𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑 𝚍𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚏𝚎𝚛?
I actually love both. I don’t love one over the other, instead both has their own perks that I love, but don’t hate:
(1) Bookstores just give me this sense of belonging. I could spend hours in bookstores, especially in Booksale that sells preloved books that I adore so much. Though that depends on who I’m with or if I’m alone. I just spend at least an hour to browse through one shelf after another when I have someone with me. But when I am alone, it takes hours, jumping from one bookstore to another because I just love spending so much time in bookstores. It’s my safe haven and my comfort zone when I’m down.
(2) Online Shopping is just so convenient and you don’t have to leave the comforts of you home when buying books, especially with what is happening in the world today. Bookstores can have great deals, but you can never deny how affordable and great quality some books can be. Preloved books are everywhere when online shopping.
4 – 𝙳𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚏𝚊𝚟𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚙?
There are just two huge bookshops in the country, but since I grew up enjoying the ambiance of one, I would say that is one of the two favorites bookshops. National Bookstore has such great deals, especially when having promos every year. Another bookshop that I couldn’t help but visit again and again, Book Sale. This is just the best place to find hidden gems.
5 – 𝙳𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚙𝚛𝚎-𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚎𝚛 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚜?
I want to pre-order one book, Crescent City: House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas but since I am unemployed, I didn’t get the chance to pre-order. So now I have not pre-ordered anything nor will pre-order anything at the moment.
6 – 𝙳𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚊 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚑𝚕𝚢 𝚋𝚞𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚕𝚒𝚖𝚒𝚝?
I don’t have a buying limit because I just buy books when I have the capacity to.
7 – 𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚋𝚒𝚐 𝚒𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝?
It is manageable but my Goodreads TBR is not, but those are two different lists.
8 – 𝚆𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔𝚜 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚖 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝 𝚍𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚒𝚜𝚑 𝚝𝚘 𝚘𝚠𝚗 𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚠?
I have so much fun on top of my head but here are the top three that I need to have asap.
- Clockwork Prince and Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare
- House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. Maas
- The Betrothed by Keira Cass
That was a fun thing to do! So let’s tag some people to do this tag:
- Clau at Clauiiixbooks
- Rose at Musings of a Bookish Teacher
- Helena at The Queen Reads
- Debra at A Book Wanderer
- Levicorpvs Blog
And if you want to do this tag, consider yourself tagged!
FIND ME AT